As a Business Analyst, you will review, analyze and evaluate business operations and processes to isolate problem areas and develop solutions and identify business needs and opportunities. Additionally, the Business Analyst create system process specifications to be used to modify business systems and prepare documentation and manuals. The Business Analyst will interact with clients, developers, business stakeholders, system architects and various subject matter experts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Gathers and analyzes data for potentials business expansions and identifies specific business opportunities.
- Determines operational objectives by studying business functions, gathering information, and evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Following established modeling and evaluation methodologies, determines the effectiveness of current operations, isolates problem areas and develops solutions.
- Coordinates with different departmental teams to produce improved business outcomes by studying current practices and designing modifications.
- Functions as a liaison between users, business units and IT.
- Defines project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements, forming project team, and establishing project budget.
- Documents system requirements, defines scope and objectives and creates system specifications that drive system development and implementation.
- Designs new computer programs by analyzing requirements, constructing workflow charts and diagrams, studying system capabilities and writing specifications.
- Maintains system protocols by writing and updating procedures.
- Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation and training users.
- Influences stakeholders to support business projects.
- Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices and participating in professional societies.
- Effectively communicates and works with team members and other departments.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Analysis, Business Administration, Finance, Technology or related field
- 5 or more years of Business Analyst experience
- Business and technical experience and expertise
- Prior experience in a Financial Services setting highly desirable
- Understanding of business analysis principles, processes, and techniques.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, including presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving and time-management abilities
- Ability to develop and prepare use cases, functional specifications, and technical requirements
- Strong management and organization skills
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Adaptable and capable of working in fast-paced environments
Retirement Clearinghouse provides a competitive base salary with bonus potential, as well as a comprehensive benefits package. Candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements will not receive further consideration or correspondence.
Retirement Clearinghouse, LLC and its affiliated companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and participate in the E-Verify program. Pre-employment background checks will be performed.