As a Business Analyst, you will review, analyze and evaluate business operations and processes to isolate problem areas, develop solutions, and identify business needs and opportunities. Additionally, the Business Analyst will create system process specifications to be used to modify business systems and prepare documentation and manuals. The Business Analyst will interact with clients, developers, business stakeholders, system architects and various subject matter experts.
This position currently requires two (2) days of onsite work in our Charlotte, NC office and permits three (3) days of work from home. Applicants must be willing to work onsite and must have high-speed internet access and an area in their home where they can work without distractions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Coordinates with different departmental teams to produce improved business outcomes by studying current practices and designing modifications.
- Functions as a liaison between users, business units and IT.
- Defines project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements, forming project team, and establishing project budget.
- Documents system requirements, defines scope and objectives and creates system specifications that drive system development and implementation.
- Designs new computer programs by analyzing requirements, constructing workflow charts and diagrams, studying system capabilities and writing specifications.
- Maintains system protocols by writing and updating procedures.
- Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation and training users.
- Influences stakeholders to support business projects.
- Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices and participating in professional societies.
- Effectively communicates and works with team members and other departments.
- Identifies areas where technology can lead to increased efficiency and productivity.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Analysis, Business Administration, Finance, Technology or related field
- 5 or more years of Business Analyst experience
- Business and technical experience and expertise
- Understanding of business analysis principles, processes, and techniques.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, including presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving and time-management abilities
- Ability to develop and prepare use cases, functional specifications, and technical requirements
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Adaptable and capable of working in fast-paced environments
- Prior experience in a Financial Services setting highly desirable
- Atlassian Jira understanding preferred
- SQL knowledge and skills preferred
How to apply:
Retirement Clearinghouse provides a competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, HSA and FSA plans, a Safe Harbor 401k plan with matching contributions, paid holidays, sick time, and paid time off, and bonus potential.
Retirement Clearinghouse, LLC and its affiliated companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and participate in the E-Verify program. Pre-employment background checks, including drug screening, will be performed upon acceptance of offer of employment.