Business Analyst Responsibilities
- Leads and participates with departmental teams and key stakeholders, gathering information to better understand their business processes and needs, to increase efficiency, productivity, and functionality through automation and process enhancements.
- Functions as a liaison between users, business units and IT.
- Documents system requirements, defines scope and objectives and creates system specifications that drive system development and implementation.
- Designs new business functionality by analyzing requirements, constructing workflow charts and diagrams, studying system capabilities and writing specifications.
- Maintains system protocols by writing and updating procedures.
- Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation and training users.
- Serves as the ultimate facilitator between business and IT in truly understanding the business needs and plays a key role in the overall management and success of the effort through the project lifecycle.
- Effectively communicates and works with team members and other departmentsInfluences stakeholders to support business projects.
- Defines project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements.
- Identifies areas where technology can lead to increased efficiency and productivity.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices and participating in professional societies.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Business Analyst Perks & Benefits:
- Remote and/or hybrid work opportunities*-see below for additional information
- Bonus potential
- Paid Time Off-up to 18 days per year for the first 4 years, plus up to 5 sick days per year, plus up to 3 Floating Holidays per year (actual days for first year of employment is based upon date of hire)
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance benefits on day 1 of employment
- 401k plan with immediately 100% vested employer matching contributions
- Professional growth and Career Advancement opportunities
* The Business Analyst will be required to work onsite for the first few days of employment for equipment assignment and training. After initial training is completed, the Business Analyst will be required to work two (2) days per month in the office and will be permitted to work from home the remainder of the time. The Business Analyst may be required periodically to work onsite to attend work-related meetings or training in addition to the two (2) days required per month.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Analysis, Business Administration, Finance, Technology or related field
- 5 or more years of Business Analyst experience
- Business and technical experience and expertise
- Understanding of business analysis principles, processes, and techniques.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, including presentation and negotiation skills to clearly articulate technical designs and business concepts
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving and time-management abilities
- Ability to develop and prepare Business Requirements document (BRD), Functional System Design documents (FSD), user stories, functional specifications, technical requirements, and use cases
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Proficient in Atlassian Jira
- Ability to explain the logic behind analysis and express ideas clearly and concisely
- Previous success working in a dynamic environment with the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Adaptable and capable of working in fast-paced environments
- SQL knowledge and skills preferred
- Prior experience within Financial Services preferred
If you're looking to join a fast-growing company that:
- Is a great place to work if you're looking for work/life balance
- Values and recognizes your contribution
- Has a culture of cultivation and seeks to foster your professional development and promote from within whenever possible
- Offers a comprehensive benefits package from day one, and
- Is making a real difference in people's lives
...then you should join our team!
Retirement Clearinghouse is an EEO employer and participates in the E-Verify program. Pre-employment background checks, including drug screening, will be performed upon acceptance of offer of employment.Back to Current Openings