- The Small Account Problem
- RCH Portability Services
- Plan Sponsor Support
- The Missing Participant Problem
- What is a Missing Participant?
- Why Plan Sponsors Should be Concerned
- What Causes Missing Participants?
- The Magnitude of the Problem
- What Regulations Apply to Missing Participants?
- Sources of Uncertainty for Plan Sponsors
- Best Practices for Finding Missing Participants
- What to Look For in a Search Service
- Learn More About Missing Participants
- RCH's Missing Participant Search Service
- Terminating 401(k) Plans
- Participant Testimonials
- Due Diligence Material
- Contact Us
Reasons that 401(k) Plans Terminate
Plans can terminate for a variety of reasons, including:
- Merger or acquisition
- Consolidation of qualified plans
- Business closure
When a 401(k) plan needs to be terminated, it’s important that plan sponsors understand and take action to ensure that they fully meet their fiduciary responsibilities to all participants, following guidance set forth by the DOL (link) and the IRS (link).