- Sponsors / Service Providers Home
- RCH Portability Services
- Plan Sponsor Support
- The Missing Participant Problem
- What is a Missing Participant?
- Why Plan Sponsors Should be Concerned
- What Causes Missing Participants?
- The Magnitude of the Problem
- What Regulations Apply to Missing Participants?
- Sources of Uncertainty for Plan Sponsors
- Best Practices for Finding Missing Participants
- What to Look For in a Search Service
- Learn More About Missing Participants
- RCH's Missing Participant Search Service
- Terminating 401(k) Plans
- Participant Testimonials
- Due Diligence Material
- Contact Us
The Magnitude of the Missing Participant Problem
- 1 of 5: Re-locations will result in a missing participant
- One-third: Participants learn of a retirement account with a previous employer they did not realize they had
- 60%: Participants who prefer an automated process to update address or consolidate accounts
- 23%: Would utilize a lost & found database to locate a stranded account
- 9%: Participants who would not verify their address if asked by a former employer
NEXT TOPIC: What Regulations Apply to Missing Participants?