- Sponsors / Service Providers Home
- RCH Portability Services
- Plan Sponsor Support
- The Missing Participant Problem
- What is a Missing Participant?
- Why Plan Sponsors Should be Concerned
- What Causes Missing Participants?
- The Magnitude of the Problem
- What Regulations Apply to Missing Participants?
- Sources of Uncertainty for Plan Sponsors
- Best Practices for Finding Missing Participants
- What to Look For in a Search Service
- Learn More About Missing Participants
- RCH's Missing Participant Search Service
- Participant Testimonials
- Due Diligence Material
- Contact Us
The Small Account Problem
For plan sponsors, the small accounts left behind by terminated participants pose administrative headaches that, if left unchecked, can lead to serious problems.
As the illustration shows, small account problems work like an interlocking puzzle to drive:
- Plan administration issues, including:
- Increased plan expense
- Lost or missing participants
- Uncashed checks
- Increased risk of plan audits
- Financial wellness issues for plan participants, including:
- Higher levels of cash out leakage
- Lost earnings and excess fees
RCH Portability Services Solve the Small Account Problem
Fortunately for plan sponsors, Retirement Clearinghouse offers solutions that minimize the small account problem, by addressing its root causes.
RCH Auto Portability - More than a traditional automatic rollover, RCH Auto Portability is the enhanced standard of care for an automatic rollover program, reducing cashouts by 52%, while helping participants receiving mandatory distributions (<$5,000) consolidate their retirement savings into their current-employer's plan.
Learn more about auto portability by clicking here.
Individual participants or accountholders -- please call the RCH Service Center at 1-888-600-7655