- Sponsors / Service Providers Home
- RCH Portability Services
- Plan Sponsor Support
- The Missing Participant Problem
- What is a Missing Participant?
- Why Plan Sponsors Should be Concerned
- What Causes Missing Participants?
- The Magnitude of the Problem
- What Regulations Apply to Missing Participants?
- Sources of Uncertainty for Plan Sponsors
- Best Practices for Finding Missing Participants
- What to Look For in a Search Service
- Learn More About Missing Participants
- RCH's Missing Participant Search Service
- Terminating 401(k) Plans
- Participant Testimonials
- Due Diligence Material
- Contact Us
What to Look for in Missing Participant Search Services
- Experience: Track record of successful location of missing participants, under multiple regulatory regimes.
- Results: Can demonstrate a 90-95% success rate in finding an updated address.
- Affordability: Offers a cost-effective, low-cost automated process for handling a large (and potentially recurring) volume of missing participant searches.
- Flexibility: Offers multiple search levels, depending on different search requirements.
- Reporting: Delivers access to a complete online portal, including reporting, ad hoc inquiry and spreadsheet-based output, including filterable results.
- Privacy & Security: All data is securely transmitted and stored. Provider is SOC 2-certified.
- Audit Trail: All search history and participant interaction are saved for audit trail purposes.
- Commitment to Continuous Improvement: Provider is committed to continuously updating and improving search processes to enhance reliability.
NEXT TOPIC: Learn More About Missing Participants