Grow your career while helping others grow their retirement savings! When you join the team at Retirement Clearinghouse, you'll be making a real difference for yourself and others!
Our mission is to dramatically improve the odds that millions of America's job-changing participants will preserve their retirement savings and enjoy a comfortable and timely retirement. We leverage innovative financial technology to simplify and streamline the process of consolidating retirement savings accounts within the defined contribution system.
SQL Database Administrator Compensation:
Base Annual Salary Range: $85,000-$95,000, commensurate with skills and experience
Annual Bonus Potential: maximum 10% of annual base salary, prorated from date of hire and subject to terms and conditions
SQL Database Administrator Position Summary
The SQL Database Administrator will support the RCH Development Team and the Production Support Team with Database design, development and query development while working with the Sr. Database Administrator on several Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Edition databases.
SQL Database Administrator Responsibilities
- Handle technical requests submitted by end users of RCH products and systems.
- Act quickly to analyze available data and determine root cause of the technical issues.
- Installs and configures SQL database setups
- Implements database schemas, tables, views, and data objects based on best practices and company design standards
- Know and adhere to Enterprise Query Standards
- Works closely with the production support specialist and development teams to implement data changes following company change management policies
- Review and modify queries that are flagged as potentially harmful to production for scalability, availability, and potential efficiency gains
- Perform the migration of changes through development life cycle which includes test, stage and UAT environments and deployment into the production environment.
- Review new SQL Server features, trace-flag changes, and operational changes prior to SQL version migration or upgrade.
- Optimize and tune SQL code using execution plans, system DMVs, and third-party tools
- Create, update, and maintain database system diagrams and operation documentation, including data standards, procedures, and definitions
- Understand DBA daily task and provide support of daily task as required
- Serves as backup for Production Support Specialist or Sr. Database Administrator as needed
- Perform other duties and participate in special projects as may be assigned by IT management.
SQL Database Administrator Perks & Benefits:
- Remote and/or hybrid work opportunities*-see below for additional information
- Paid Time Off-up to 18 days per year for the first 4 years, plus up to 5 sick days per year, plus up to 3 Floating Holidays per year (actual days for first year of employment is based upon date of hire)
- Medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance benefits on day 1 of employment
- 401k plan with immediately 100% vested employer matching contributions
- Professional growth and Career Advancement opportunities
* The SQL Database Administrator will be required to work onsite for the first few days of employment for equipment assignment and training and will be required to work onsite at least 1 day per week for the first few weeks of employment. Upon completion of the onsite training, the SQL Database Administrator will be permitted to work remotely. When conditions permit, employees may be required to work onsite two (2) days per week.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with MS SQL Server
administration or combination of education and 2-4 years of relevant
- Solid judgment, analytical and problem solution skills
to identify and resolve matters of significance
- High level of knowledge and
adherence to Enterprise Query Standards
- High level of knowledge/Experience
with T-SQL and PowerShell
- Experience evaluating SQL
Queries using execution plans, DMVs, Profiler or Extended Events
- Experience with Data
warehousing and Data warehousing tools is a plus
- Flexibility and the ability to
work in a fast-paced environment
- Extreme attention to detail
- Superior organizational and
time management skills
- Ability to multi-task, work
independently and prioritize workload
- Ability to work under pressure
and adapt to changing requirements and requests
If you're looking to join a fast-growing company that:
- Is a great place to work if you're looking for
- Values and recognizes your contribution
- Has a culture of cultivation and seeks to foster your
professional development and promote from within whenever possible
- Offers a comprehensive benefits package from day
- Is making a real difference in people's lives
...then you should join our team!
Candidates will be tested on the applicable knowledge base
for the position.
Retirement Clearinghouse is an EEO employer and participates
in the E-Verify program. Pre-employment background checks, including drug
screening, will be performed upon acceptance of offer of employment.