Network Engineer IV
The Network Engineer IV oversees the development of infrastructure and provides in-house technical guidance for information systems and operations related to all departments. The incumbent will analyze business requirements, procedures and problems to develop the most appropriate automated solutions. Also assembles key staff to evaluate, test, and approve system tools, modules and upgrades on a regular basis. Makes critical business decisions that have a financial impact throughout the organization. Maintains systems compliance with internal and external customers. This position operates independently and requires a high degree of analytic ability. Provides direction to and reviews the work of other systems/network staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Analyzes, reviews, monitors and provides direction to System Administrators and support staff.
- Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (Team Lead).
- Expert network troubleshooter covering Switches, Routers, Firewalls, and Load Balancers. Using trace routes, packet captures and any other tool to resolve network connectivity problems.
- Design, troubleshoot, and implement Cisco network solutions with no oversight from concept to installation with all documentation for the Enterprise.
- Design and support best practices for WiFi, VoIP, Firewall, IPS, IDS, ISE, LAN, WAN, VPN, Load Balancing, and other solutions.
- Upgrade system processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution.
- Tests system reliability to improve operating efficiencies, maintainability, integrity, consistency and standardization.
- Develops comprehensive system test plans and coordinates with users as system modifications are tested and implemented.
- Serves as back-up support, when needed, for help desk and technical training areas.
- Creates and maintains ITD library and operational reference manuals.
- Supports and promotes the use of governance processes, including incident, problem, change, release, and configuration management.
- Keeps technically current on related software and technology.
- Effectively communicates and works with CIO, team members and other departments.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, Computer Science preferred
- Work history with Technical leadership
- Expert ability to configure multiple devices (FW, Routers, Switches, WiFi, VoIP Load Balancer, other)
- Knowledge of building coalitions of diverse teams aligned with impacting organizational goals.
- Subject matter expert, understanding of Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, VoIP, or WiFi able to configure and troubleshoot Layer3 and Layer2 solutions. In addition, able to plain and design IP Schema for the Enterprise.
- Cisco configuration of Routers / Switch, Firewalls, WiFi, or VoIP
- Enterprise Network Design Solutions using Cisco Hardware. (WAN, LAN, WiFi, VoIP), Multiple Enterprise Documented Network Solutions for multiple locations Enterprise (WAN, LAN, WiFi, Firewalls, IPS, IDS, Load Balancers, Cisco ISE) preferred
- FortiGate experience a Plus
- Minimum of 8+ years’ of progressive experience with at least 2 years in Network IV role, 10+ preferred
The position requires exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical audiences, ability to effectively work with limited or no supervision; superior analytical and time management skills; and ability to take the initiative in development and completion of projects.
Retirement Clearinghouse provides a competitive base salary with bonus potential, as well as a comprehensive benefits package. Candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements will not receive further consideration or correspondence.
Retirement Clearinghouse, LLC and its affiliated companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and participate in the E-Verify program. Pre-employment background checks will be performed.Apply Now Back to Current Openings